Retail Sales Consultant | Sydney
POSITION: Showroom Sales Consultant
REPORTING TO: NSW State Manager and Assistant Manager
• Consult to trade and retail clients. This involves handling telephone, email and showroom enquiries.
• Enter confirmed orders and process deposit and balance payments.
• Track all your current orders to ensure that goods have been ordered and will be delivered in the lead time communicated to the client.
• Maintain regular contact with the client from order date to completion to update the client with any order arrival time changes and to advise on the anticipated delivery date of the order.
• Review the customer order to deliver report on a weekly basis and ensure order notes remain current. Communicate to the warehouse any specific delivery requirements or updates that have been discussed with the client.
• Preparation of quotations and presentations to clients adhering to Poliform high standards
• Preparing purchase orders following a sale to be sent to Italy.
• Checking order confirmations of client orders placed with Italy
• Monitoring clients orders and communicating relevant information to them
• Preparing comprehensive installation instructions for the installation and delivery team
• Providing a high level of customer service to exceed our client’s expectations.
• Updating and maintaining a quotation book register and works in progress for presentation during weekly sales meeting.
• Visiting clients to provide in-house consultation on occasion
• Organising final site measure with the installation team
• Attend and assist with client deliveries when appropriate or required.
• Keep a continuous record of all sales leads and report these weekly at the team meeting.
• Ensure Trade clients are kept updated with information on Poliform products and events. Continue to develop the working relationship with our trade and retail clients.
• Enter and maintain client information on the sales system (GP) and any other relevant databases.
• Ensure your work area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
• Maintain the surrounding area of the showroom, ensuring all items are kept in a clean and presentable manner.
• Ensure all items in the surrounding area are ticketed and update tickets when required.
• Assist in maintaining the shared areas of the showroom – kitchen, brochure room, basement, and client holds/stock area.
• Attend additional Poliform events when required. These may occur outside of our normal operating hours.
• Assist clients collecting their orders from the showroom.
• Carry out brand specialist responsibilities. These include, updating library samples and brochures, relaying new information to other staff, assisting the visual merchandiser with setting up new showroom displays.
• Research product or brand information to maintain a high level of knowledge and conduct staff training when requested.
• Monthly sales and activity report to management.
• Update manuals & price books on changes/new collections to Varenna/Poliform
• Weekly sales meetings attendance
• Company Stocktaking assistance
• Liaise with store visual merchandiser and team to order stock for showroom floor
• Ensure all floor stock is priced
• Catalogue/Brochures kept clean and tidy
There may be additional responsibilities to these listed above that we may reasonably ask you to undertake.
This position description is a summary of responsibilities and may require to be changed from time to time in order to reflect changes in with the Poliform operation.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete an Poliform Employee Application Form
You must be an Australian resident or have the appropriate visa to work in Australia to be considered for this position
If you are interested in applying for the position please forward your concise application in PDF format to the details below.
All correspondence will be held in strictest confidence.