CAD Designer / Draftsperson | Melbourne
Poliform is one of Italy’s most respected furniture brands. Poliform Australia launched in Sydney, in 1996 and has since expanded to open showrooms in Melbourne as well as operate from Space Furniture showrooms in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
Our showrooms are designed with the team in Italy to immerse our clients in the world of Poliform.
Designed as a complete home solution, the collection reflects a lifestyle of elegance and relaxed sophistication. Featuring a complete and bespoke home solution, from kitchens, wall-to-wall storage systems, wardrobes, walk-in wardrobes, loose furniture, lighting and occasional pieces, the collection is vast yet perfectly cohesive.
Why work with us?
As well as a great company culture, flexible working arrangements, company laptop, free parking and a generous employee product discount scheme. You will be joining an industry leader in the designer furniture/joinery market that prides itself on it's people and values their growth and development. We’re a team that is there for each other. By working alongside people you can learn from, you’ll grow and develop in a fun, supportive environment. Working with a diverse range of people in an industry facing rapid change, you’ll gain real-world experience and grow as a person.
What Makes You Right For Poliform?
- The right attitude is everything....
- Solutions focused mindset
- Can do attitude
- Flexible and adaptable to change
What will you do on a day-to-day basis?
Ultimately, as one of CAD Designers, you will partner closely with our Sales Consultants to interpret client design briefs, conceptualise and create technical drawings and provide project documents sets.
The primary focus areas of the role include:
- Brief interpretation, accuracy of drawings & pricing
- Briefs are correctly interpreted and technical drawings are provided in line with design requirements
- Technical advice is provided to ensure the best technical and design solution for the project
- Drawings generated are accurate and reflect available options by the Brand
- Pricing generated from drawings are accurately presented
- Installation team is consulted to ensure project meets practical construction requirements
2. Managing Order Confirmations with Suppliers
- All relevant documentation is provided to our Purchasing department - ie sales order, elevations and plans, appliance lists, and pricing item list
- Respond to any technical queries from suppliers to ensure project is realised accurately.
- All supplier Order Confirmations are signed off and accurate
- Project Installation Manager is consulted to discuss any installation queries or issues
- Technical updates from suppliers are provided to the Sales and Installation teams
3. Document Administration
- Client files are prepared with all relevant documentation
- Installation Project file is prepared for Installation Team with all relevant documentation
- Digital client files are uploaded to our ERP and internal communication channels
- Register of current projects is kept upto date, with project times lines and expectations for the sales team
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- 2 years experience in furniture/architecture/design industry
- 2 years experience with CAD or Vector Works
- Demonstrated experience in reading and understanding interior documentation and plans
- Sound knowledge and understanding of spatial planning
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with Adobe Suite
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage.
As our business continues to evolve and innovate, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We’d love to hear from You!
If you meet the above requirements, we encourage you to submit your application.
You must have full Australian working rights to be considered for this position